New York City is a breathing, living, dynamic metropolis of growth and change. It's a melting pot of cultural and ethnic diversity and a bubbling caldron for supernaturals. There are so many places to hide, and so many ways to blend that it should come as no surprise that the city is a haven to both humans and supernaturals.
There are seven playable races of supernaturals in NYC.
- Humans, the most numerous and populous of the city; the majority of them are oblivious to the existence of the monsters under the subway and the things that go bump in the night
- Necromancers, the speakers to the dead; gifted (or cursed, depending on whom you ask) with the ability to serve as the link between the living and the dead
- Psychics, humans who perceive the world beyond the normal five senses
- Sorcerers, always male and only male (as far as is known and recorded), their magic stems from a darker source and their power and influence goes far and deep into business and politics
- Vampires, formerly human, now undead they survive by hunting and feeding from the humanity that surrounds them
- Witches, typically female and only female, their magic is linked to nature, healing and defense; the opposite side of the sorcerer coin.
In addition to these, there are two other supernatural races in NYC. These are non-playable races:
- Ghosts, the spirits of the departed who are either unknowing trapped between planes of existence or have chosen not to move on to the afterlife